Using the Pickup API, applications can schedule pickups, manage previously scheduled pickups, or cancel previously scheduled pickups.
There are 5 types of Pickup API Requests/Responses:
- Pickup Creation Request/Response - Used to create an on-call pickup.
- Pickup Rate Request/Response - Used to rate an on-call pickup.
- Pickup Cancel Request/Response - Used to cancel the on-call pickup that was created by the Pickup Creation Request
- Pickup Pending Status Request/Response - Used to get the pending pickup status after the pickup is created.
- Pickup Get Service Center Facilities Request/Response - Used to retrieve UPS Facility location information including location address, phone number, SLIC, and hours of operation for pick -up and drop-off requests and only applies to UPS Worldwide Express Freight.
- Elements/tags that are not defined in the interface or do not conform to the interface structure will be ignored by UPS.
- Only users that plan to ship packages manifested, tendered, and delivered by UPS can use the API.
- Any customers/developers abusing or data mining the API will have their access revoked.
Pickup Package Rules
- Package shipments require a pickup to be scheduled via the Pickup API.
- To be granted production rights to the Pickup APIs please follow the steps in the Developer's Guides and return to UPS.com to complete approval and certification.
NOTE: Charges for pickups vary by country or territory. In some locales, there is no charge for a Pickup, whereas in other locales, charges may apply. For clients attempting to integrate with the Pickup API, the suggested flow is recommended:
- Before creating an on-call pickup, it is suggested the client first rate the on -call pickup to get the detailed charge.
- If the total charge for a specific pickup is zero charge, then when attempting to schedule the pickup, it is not necessary to provide charge card, account, or other means as the payment method.
LTL Freight Country or Territory Origins
LTL Freight country or territory origins include US, CA & MX. The US territory means the contiguous 48 states of the US and Washington DC. While we service Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands, those rates can only be obtained by calling TForce Freight Customer Service at (800) 333-7400.
Behaves the same in CIE and production. Returns the true on -call pickup rate.
- Test transactions that use payment by credit card. You must provide valid real-world credit card information. The card will not be charged.
- Test transactions using a shipper account. You must provide a valid production shipper account. The account will not be charged.
- Transactions expecting a third party payment based on providing a return tracking number must provide a valid production return 1Z. The Pickup API will provide a canned response with a fixed on -call PRN "2929602E9CP".
- Test transactions cancelling via a PRN. You can provide any number as long is it meets the length requirement for the PRN field.
- Test transaction cancelling via a Smart account number. You can provide any account number as long it meets the field length requirement.
- Requests must pass existing validation rules.
- For cancellations of a Smart Pickup request, the Pickup API will return:
- Status code: "007"
- Description: "Canceled"
- Pickup Type: "02"
- For cancellations of an On-call Pickup request, the API will return "01".
Test transactions must provide a valid production Smart pickup account number. The Pickup API will return a canned response for different pickup types.
|Pickup type="01" (On-Call Pickup)||PRN ="2929AONCALL", StatusCode ="001", Description="Received at dispatch", etc.|
|Pickup type="02"(Smart Pickup)||PRN="AA29A0A3GWN", StatusCode="003", Description="Order successfullycompleted", etc.|
|Pickup type="03"||Both Smart Pickup and On-Call Pickup, will return all of the data listed above for types 01 and 02.|
All API URLs are case sensitive.
UPS Freight Less-than-Truckload (“LTL”) transportation services are offered by TFI International Inc., its affiliates or divisions (including without limitation TForce Freight), which are not affiliated with United Parcel Service, Inc. or any of its affiliates, subsidiaries or related entities (“UPS”). UPS assumes no liability in connection with UPS Freight LTL transportation services or any other services offered or provided by TFI International Inc. or its affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries or related entities.