Validate Air, Ground, and International Dangerous Goods shipments.
Click the button at the top of the page to access this tool.
The Dangerous Goods API allows applications to validate dangerous goods shipments prior to shipping. The Dangerous Goods API verifies that dangerous goods shipments meet regulation set requirements as well as ensuring they are valid for carriage within the UPS transportation network.
Dangerous Goods validation and shipping require a UPS Contract so please check with your UPS Sales Person for available Dangerous Goods services prior to downloading the developer kit.
- Acceptance Audit Pre-check validates a Dangerous Goods shipment is acceptable to UPS. Validations include origin / destination country and postal code, UPS service, regulation set, transportation mode, and chemical record details (quantity, packing group, packing instruction, etc.).
- Chemical Reference Data Lookup retrieves Dangerous Goods chemical record details (i.e. allowable packing groups, packing instructions, etc.) based upon UN number or Proper Shipping Name. This functionality complements the Acceptance Audit Pre-check.
Regulation sets supported include:
- European Agreement Concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR)
- International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- United States - Code of Federal Regulations, Title 49 (49CFR)
This API works in conjunction with the Rating and Shipping API or other manifesting systems.Please note, the Dangerous Goods API is to be used for UPS shipments only.